Useful Ideas & Info if you work or would like to Work from Home and/or Freelance:
As you will appreciate this site deals mainly with online programs, companies and opportunities. If you would like to work from home, and make a full time income from it, relying on the likes of paid email/surf/click programs probably isn’t a good idea.
Some people do make a pretty decent income from it, but they are the exception. There are lots of ways to earn a little extra cash online, throughout the site you will see some of them, but there are a few other ways too, why not consider some of those below.
Online Ideas: Think about whether you have something to offer…
Do you have a service you could offer such as Web Design, Banner Design etc. There are a lot of people out there willing to pay for help getting a website up and running, or graphics for one!
Do you have goods or a service to sell? A couple of ideas may be;
– Selling eBooks
– Handmade Cards or Gifts
There are no rules set out in stone. We have so many people get in touch expecting us to just have a set list of money spinners to give them, it isn’t that easy. We all have different talents and interests.
We can’t say to you doing this will earn you a fortune and doing something else won’t. We are all individuals and we go about things differently. It’s all about how much time and effort you put in, and choosing something your visitors will be interested in and want to purchase! And of course, something you love or have an interest in – well what’s the point in doing something you don’t!
Affiliate with big retailers, shopping sites, casinos, search engines etc. In other words sell their products for them and earn commisions. This is an excellent way to make some cash. See our Affiliates Page for details of some networks that offer these kind of affiliations.
Online Auctions, such as eBay are also turning out to be a great source of income for many. Sell whatever your like. See what you have lying around the house in your garage, basement or loft you could put up for sale. You would be so suprised what people will buy that you think is useless. You could also find a wholesaler who would provide you goods in bulk cheaply which you can sell on at a profit. Click on the linkbelow to discover how to get started on eBay.
Build a Website.
One thing that is probably highly important to maximise your online earning potential is to build a website. This will give you the opportunity to showcase and advertise your products or services and also give you the opportunity to earn a little advertising revenue.
Your Internet Service Provider will no doubt offer free website space and building tools, but you will also find many other free hosts around. This can be a great way to start but it is not an ideal solution if your planning on having your website around for some time and expecting to build up a lot of visitors.
If you would like to pay for a website service, which will give you more control of your own domain name, bandwidth limitations and so on, then your options are pretty much unlimited, check out this page for more information on starting a website.
You’ve all probably heard that everybody’s gone blog mad… but it really can earn you cash also. Blogs are like on online diary, and you can use them to share, just about any topic, with the world you want. You can also add PPC programs Google Adsense to your blog to help you earn cash.
Don’t forget you need an online payment processor.
If your going to start earning online, your going to need a way to receive your cash. And also for sending it as well. Way ahead of all the other online payment processors at the moment is PayPal. Safe, secure and extremely convenient. You can also accept Credit Card payments online. PayPal, do have different types of accounts. You just have to join up with the one that suits you best. There are other online payment processors around, do a web search to find more.
Not everybody who works from home rely on online resources. Here are a few other ideas:
Typing or Secretarial Services
If you would like some more in depth information and resources to visit regarding the above ideas, why not visit HomeworkingUK.com, this site is by far one of the best we have found in its category.
A couple of points to bear in mind
1. Don’t think your on an easy number when you work from home. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. From personal experience, 12 hour + days, working late and at weekends is usually part of the course. (depending that is on the amount of work you are willing to take on.)
2. Don’t think you can work whenever you feel like it, you must be self disciplined, keep motivated and stick to a routine. No popping out shopping for a couple of hours in the afternoon whenever the feeling takes your fancy – you wouldn’t do it if you worked for an employer would you!! – Although granted, you are your own boss, so you can decide when and where you take time off. But remember you’ll be losing work and money if you don’t plan properly.
3. Don’t make the mistake if you have children or are intending to have children that working from home to look after them will be the perfect job for you. Children take up a lot of time and require a lot of attention. If your intending to make a serious go of homeworking this could be a big distraction and perhaps this isn’t the right work to do after all!!
4. NEVER pay or send money to anybody advertising that they will send you work for a fee, they will usually be a scam, so don’t be fooled.
5. Last but not least – be PERSISTENT, the rewards will come………….. eventually!!